LOL! I've been avoiding this one and Tania tagged me! Love ya, Tania!! :)
So, 7 random things about me:
- Early bedtimes rock - My kids have an early bedtime and my life is so much better because of it. LOL! We learned early on that our kiddos need a lot of sleep and by being strict on bedtimes, we have happier, better adjusted kids. And parents. :) So, the two littles (age 5 and 7) head upstairs at 7:30 pm every night, with lights out between 8 and 8:30 pm. Emily (age 10) heads upstairs at 8 pm and she is allowed to read until about 8:45 pm.
- Jobs suck - Okay, so this is kind of tongue-in-cheek. But, I am just so extremely grateful that we found a way for me to leave the job earlier this year. I can't remember the last time I was this content and this satisfied with my life. It's been years, I know that. I am happy. And very grateful to my honey every minute of every day for helping me to find a way to be home.
- I worry a lot - I worry a ton. A TON. My honey rides his bike to work. All year long. As in - he rides in the rain, in the snow, in a blizzard, in any weather you can imagine. On the roads with the cars in that weather. And it kills me every.single.day. I worry from the second he leaves the house until I see his little green button on gmail chat go on on his computer. And then the worry and the panic starts all over again when I know he's on his way home. In the dark. Yes, he has lights on his bike. And on his helmet. But, it doesn't help me stop worrying. I'm afraid sometimes I'm going to die from the worry.
- I am horrible at laundry - Seriously, I am horrible. I realize that it should be an easy thing. But, it's not for me. I always forget a load in the washer and it sours and then I have to re-wash the whole thing. Or I do it all and then don't have time to fold it and we live out of laundry baskets all week long and all I hear is "Mom, I don't have any socks. Mom, I can't find any clean pants. Mom, where's my chorus shirt?" ARGH. I suck at laundry. Luckily, my husband is the laundry master. He can wash it all, dry it all, and have it folded in one afternoon. All 7 or 8 loads of it. That's our Saturdays basically. Doing laundry. Thank God I found him.
- I love handbags - Some people love shoes. Some people love coats or sweaters or scrapping supplies. I love purses. I could buy a new purse every single day and still not be satisfied. And I must have a coordinating wallet for each purse. I cannot stand a black wallet in a brown handbag. Can't stand it!!! For most of my adult life, I've stuck with black or brown purses. In varying shades and styles and I've had some cloth summer purses in tan or cream. But my latest adventure is with a red handbag and I'm in love with it!!! I found it at Target and I wish I'd bought the white one, too. Darn it - they're sold out now!!! I can't even find a photo of it online, but this is in the same color family.
- My hair is no longer blond - At least, I think that's the case. I've always had blond hair. Until I got pregnant with Em. And then it got this horrible dirty blond color. The minute she was born, I got some highlights put in around my face. And each year, the hairdresser has to put in a few more highlights. Last time she was putting the foil on, I swear the underneath of my hair was dark, dark brown. Whoa. At what point is it time to say that I no longer have blond hair and just stop highlighting it? I've just never seen myself with brown hair and it's going to be really, really weird. What do you think?
- I am not the fun parent - LOL! This should come as no surprise to those of you who know me. I like schedules, I like routines, and I like to know when things are going to get done. This makes me the rule parent and Tom gets to be the fun parent. But, it's okay. I am the snuggly parent. :)
So, who is left to tag???