I'm in a Just Do It mode - I want to get the house ready for guests coming on Memorial Day weekend, I want to get the fence put in, I want more time to quilt or scrapbook and I want time to spend with the kids this summer and to meet new friends. So, here's a few things we're Just Doing this weekend.
For those of you who are on the fence about digital scrapbooking, this is the time to go have a look at Designer Digitals! They are having their quarterly sale and everything in the store is 30% off! Just do it. :)
Supplies for my page are in my gallery.
Here's an update on yesterday's list for the fence:
- Septic inspection. DONE
- Have borings taken from multiple sites in the yard. DONE
- Submit borings to the county health department and obtain permit. DONE
- Get specs back from the health department.
- Install septic filter and riser. CALLED COMPANY
- Get 3 quotes from fencing companies. DONE
- Have lawn surveyed and staked. CALLED COMPANY
- Call 3 utilities and have lawn flagged.
- Call sprinkler system company and have lawn flagged. CALLED COMPANY
- Choose 1 quote and obtain written estimate and sketch. DONE
- Submit written estimate and sketch to HOA. DONE
- Wait 10 days for HOA approval. IN PROCESS
- Hire fencing company.
- Wait 10 days for fence to be installed.
Can't wait to have this done!!!
Emily had new neighborhood girls spend the night last night. She swore she'd never make new friends and she hates the neighborhood and she'll hate the new school and on and on. But, hmmmmm.....don't tell her I said this, but having new people over to spend the night and having a Beatles Rock Band Wii party kind of feels like she's making new friends. ; But, what do I know? I'm just the mother!
I bit the bullet and ordered some dining room furniture this past week. It's not expensive stuff but I think it will last us for a long time. And the hubby says that he's at my disposal today to clean out this mess and get the room ready for the delivery on Tuesday. Yeah!!!
So, that's what we're doing this weekend! How about you?