When disaster strikes, google images of kittens screaming and it might cheer you up. I needed some cheering up today.
- we had round 2 of furniture delivery early this morning only to discover that the nightstand was damaged AGAIN and will have to be re-ordered AGAIN;
- the septic guy showed up to fix the sprinkler line he broke 2 weeks ago and, instead, he broke the main valve and flooded our backyard;
- we're having a Memorial Day bbq here on Monday with 8+ kids and now can't use our backyard because it is solid mud;
- Emily and I tried to de-lime the dishwasher and had to sit helplessly and watch suds pour out of the dishwasher and onto the floor because Lime-A-Way is very sudsy. Who knew?;
- by the time I had a free second to myself, I realized that it was 12:30 and I had spent the morning talking to delivery men and repairmen IN MY JAMMIES;
- after I was dressed and the sprinkler system guys showed up in response to my frantic phone call about the flood in the backyard, I realized that the zipper on my capris hadn't exactly been staying up very well for most of the afternoon.
- Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
Did I mention that Tom's family arrives tomorrow? :p
I have an update on Andrew's bedroom to come (thank you for all the ideas!!!!!) with photos, a jewelry post with photos to come and some cleaning tips. But, um..........right now, I'm cleaning the house for our houseguests since I didn't exactly get to it earlier today for the above-mentioned reasons.