I think sometimes we all take normalcy for granted. After watching the footage of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan for days on end now, I'm so eternally grateful for normal. I know that I take many things for granted at times. But when I stop to count my blessings and take stock of how lucky I am, I am overwhelmed. Gratitude goes a very long way towards happiness, doesn't it?
My husband is about to go out of town on an unexpected business trip and we don't usually do very well when we're apart. But, I'm choosing to look at the bright side of things and came up with a list of things to be grateful for when he's gone.
1. Less cooking for me!
2. Pizza and ice cream for the kids.
3. Spring(ish) weather has arrived and we'll spend some time outside in the evenings playing football. (photo taken last night)
4. I'll have more free time to sew in the evenings. This postage stamp quilt is going to need a couple of solid borders - it is a very busy pattern with lots of graphic fabric and makes me dizzy to look at.
5. We'll make lots of fun videos on the phone to send to Daddy while he's away. The kids have a ball sending photos and videos to him from my iPhone. :)
6. Perhaps we'll even take a trip to Barnes & Noble so the kids can spend their allowance. And, by the way, I'm so grateful that my kids all love to read and that their favorite thing to spend money on is books.
7. We'll spend some of our extra free time in the evenings doing some spring cleaning. I'm itching to get everything cleaned out and cleaned up in time for open-window weather. :)