1. When did my kids get this big?! The girls look soooooo old!
2. And why is the dog on the couch???? (They are all too cute for me to yell at - we had a very rough weekend and now Daddy is out of town, so I'm cutting everyone some slack.)
3. I spent hours yesterday making and canning jam. And, at the end of the day, I only have 11 pints. Sheesh. Seems like I should have more than that.
4. I haven't touched my sewing machine or fabric since May. :( I am really, really feeling the itch to quilt.
5. My husband and I do not do well when we're apart. I can't wait for him to get home this afternoon! It has not been an easy week on my own and seeing him will make it all better.
6. I hit a wall yesterday and refused to take Andrew to soccer practice. It had rained all day long, the fields were soaking, everyone was hungry for dinner, and we don't even keep score at his games. Sorry coach, but Momma made an executive decision. And we all know that Mommas overrule coaches. :)
7. The only thing I like about my hubby being gone is that I get to drive his car. Racing down the highway every morning (have to drive Em to school every day this week) with the tunes blaring in his sporty little car is just flat-out fun!!! It's a totally different experience in my 9-year-old minivan. :p
8. Libby and I decorated for fall yesterday and had so much fun. She has a really good eye for balance and design. I mean really good. We were trying to balance out a vignette on a small table and she moved it around a couple of times, muttering to herself, "No, we need something taller here." Or "I think this looks too matchy-matchy." When she was done, it was perfect!!! A tall item on the left, round item in the middle, and a medium-height object on the right. She rocks! I'll try to remember to take pictures and post them.
9. I need to make a phone date with my bff for this weekend. Chatting with her is such good medicine. :) We text each other to make dates for the phone because we talk so long and I hate to be interrupted by kid stuff or having to leave, etc...
10. I'm off to do a million errands, have lunch with a friend, pick up my hubby!!!!, and then off to about 4 different events today (including margarita night!!!). Have a great day!!!