The kids have been in school a little over a month now and what a difference a month makes. Seriously. It blows my mind how the kids have changed and grown in just under five weeks. I blogged about Andrew and Libby last week and now it's Em's turn.
- has one foot out the door already. Sigh. She's only a junior but I can already feel the momentum propelling her out of the house and into adulthood.
- is extremely busy at school taking AP and honors classes, is a student assistant in the school library, works for the school's broadcast network, is on the speech team, and was just recruited to be on the debate team and the mock trial team (but is going to pass up debate, I think).
- is extremely busy outside of school working an after-school job as a nanny and housekeeper, serving on a teen advisory board at our county library, and running a teen knitting group at the same library.
- is also extremely busy with friends and a boyfriend. You can see why we don't see her often.
- loves having her driver's license and is patiently waiting for me to buy a new car so she can have the current one.
- takes her siblings anywhere I ask and invites them along with her even when I don't ask. She is such a good big sister and Libby and Andrew adore her.
- is hamster-sitting for neighbors who are gone for a few months and LOVES having a hamster. Which I didn't see coming at all.
- LOVES anything related to the Spanish and German languages - she's saving for two trips abroad before college.
- along those lines, Enrique Iglesias can be heard from her room at top volume whenever she's home.
- is an absolute joy to be around when we can catch up with her. :)